Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Why I have the best husband in the world...







Here I am sitting on my cushy bed in air-conditioned comfort with a bowl of cool ice cream while my husband is in a tent near Lake Lanier with 3 kids in humid weather with a raging sunburn on his back. Its his "vacation" week this week and since we have no $$ so we thought we would go camping. Its a big step for him, truly. I know he is a creature of comfort but lately camping with the kids has been more important to him. Sure, I talk big. I think camping would be great for the family but when it comes down to it, it is just a lot of work and un-comfort. I'm soft, what can I say? I would love to be a little more "granola-y" but I'm not sure I have it in me. This is what truly impresses me about Steve. I know he would rather be sitting with me with the ice cream, the bed and the air-conditioning - we've pretty much built our life around, but there he is pushing himself in the name of family togetherness. On top of it all he has a raging sunburn because we've been to the pool 2 days in a row and he forgot that in his 'regular' life he is a vampire and never gets to see the sun. Anyway, I think men rarely get enough credit these days so here's 3 cheers for my guy. I love you!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Why was he camping while your eating ice cream in bed???

David said...

I love Steve too!!! the big lobster