Friday, August 14, 2009

Wow does a computer make a difference!

We have needed a computer for a long time...apparently I didn't even know how long that amount of time has been. We've been shopping around for a couple of weeks now and found a floor model at Best Buy for a great price. You have to understand that I am NOT the one normally to push for a new computer but we bought our laptop 2 years ago when we moved to the ATL and lets just say, 'it has some issues'. (I have to whisper that because it is sitting right next to me and while still holding some of our data hostage, I had better not offend it.) It overheats and will turn off when you are getting to something really good. Like having 12 pictures loaded but not posted. You know something extremely frustrating like that. Always the most convenient times possible.
Anywho, I was getting nervous about all of precious data that my computer houses. I'm kind of a nut when it comes to pictures, 'cause I can't really remember anything about last month or beyond without looking at pictures. So I am really paranoid that something might happen to my binary brain. Steve however just likes the gadgets so I had to be certain that getting a new computer was something I was willing to do before I breathed a word of it to him...'cause as soon as the word 'computer' was out of my mouth he was at Fry's (the man's superstore).
But may I just say that I didn't even realize how slow our old computer was until now. Its like a whole new world has opened up to me. Heck, why do you think I am posting something without a picture, it is just so unlike me.
So allow me to apologize to all of those 'gadget-geeks' out there. None of which actually read my blog, except my husband. "Way to go! I guess technology doesn't stink after all!."

2 comments:

David said...

Now you just need to convince Rozanne that I need a new computer!!! Hey do you have a camera yet!!!!

Melissa Stubbs said...

You are so funny! I can totally picture Steve running to the store! You know Dustin would have been right there with him! I miss y'all so much I can't stand it. :(