Monday, April 13, 2009

Things to do during a tornado warning...




















Friday night we were having some crazy weather -- severe thunderstorms, hail -- tornado weather. I'm starting to realize that its par for the course in the springtime here. Unfortunately for my kids, the tornado sirens going off pretty much scares the crap out of me, so I make everyone go down in the basement and hang out in the 'bunker'. This time however we found something fun to do. I found some extra glo-sticks in our emergency packs and we turned the lights out (on purpose). The kids started spinning them around and I thought I would see if we could get some pictures of it. I think the pictures turned out pretty great. Alex was the purple, Hayden was blue, Aubrey green, and Tyler orange. If you look closely in the last picture you can see their faces 'DEVO-style'. I realized, after-the-fact, that I did neglect to get a picture of the walnut-sized hail we got though. That's okay, this was WAY more fun and memorable.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Liz just loves Texas tornados!

Melissa Stubbs said...

That's one thing I don't miss about the south! Though it would be nice to be a few degrees warmer! Looks like it was a fun time regardless of the hail outside. I sure miss your family!!!!

David said...

I am wondering what you are really doing in your basement