Tuesday, May 6, 2008

For the birds...







My new fascination is BIRDS. Am I getting old or what?! Isn't 'birdwatching' for older folks? Okay, I know I am old, in fact my husband believes I am old as "dirt", but I just never pictured myself being all that interested in birds. I am thinking it is because Utah has 2 kinds of birds - robins and seagulls. So it has been interesting living in the South. Birds actually fly here, instead of flying away. It is really the Cub Scout thing I guess. Trying to help my son with all of his cub projects got me stuck interested in the variety of birds that fly to our deck. Well, the birdseed helps. Anyway I took my fancy new camera out, snapped on my telephoto lens (that I thought I would never use) and got some cool shots out our kitchen window. We saw a tufted titmouse yesterday...but I didn't get it on film. I'm still waiting for that bluish-orangy bird to come back.


1 comment:

texasscotsman said...

Hey Rachel,

Great pictures! The Orangish/ Bluish one is a Female Cardinal. Here is a link to another shot of the same bird breed.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i1.treknature.com/photos/601/cardinal_in_snow_filtered.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.treknature.com/gallery/North_America/United_States/photo42000.htm&h=581&w=800&sz=108&hl=en&start=17&tbnid=ziOGbOIqu_0QmM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcardinal%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Have a great day!!

Jeff