Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Fun--upside-down and backwards :)

Alright it has been a long time! I realized that because I forgot how to use this STINKIN' program! I'm in the middle of this post and everything is upside-down and backwards. And there isn't a way to cut and paste so it looks right. It is all screwed up but I'm going to have to post it the way it is. Hope you can make sense of it. Sorry!

Nice intro...but this is our trip to Utah all upside-down and backwards. My first comments are on the bottom. Cute, really cute!
Jakey taking an up-close look of the giant turtle creature.
My favorite shot! The creative mastermind is Matt, my nephew in the sharks mouth. Notice in all of the pictures he is having as much fun as the little kids! He is a hoot!

Steve's favorite shot. I think he takes the same shot everytime we go to the Dino Museum.


Building some kind of mutant.



Afterwards we ate at JCW's burgers -- Yummm!!




One moment of the 50+ hours we spent in the car - a calm moment at least!


We love this picture of Tyler in Kindgom City MO where we stopped for breakfast the first morning. (notice he's still in his jammies...and the cape of course!)


Part of the reason we came--Becky and her new husband Georg had a mini-reception in beautiful Heber City. We missed the reception but came wheeling in just for the picture. Notice Steve and I look so fabulous after 29 hours of driving and hardly any sleep.



My kids had to get a picture in front of the "clam-shell fountain" on Temple Square. They always remember this fountain for some reason. Here they are with Aunt Stephanie, cousins Becca and Scott who we spent a LOT of our time with in Utah.



The Heritage Park mini-train. We had such a GREAT time here! My kids and I had never been and they had all sorts of fun extra activities that day including free popsicles, candy and Native American dancing. It was awesome!!



We're back! Oh, did you not notice we were gone?! Probably not. Did I fall off the face of blogger-world? Well, kinda. You kind of understand, I guess that I have 5 kids and it has been summer. So what is it that you do with 5 kids all summer when your husband has classes everynight? That's a good question! I solved it by packing my family up and going to Utah for several weeks. I figured Steve wasn't really around anyway and he wouldn't miss us. The way it worked out though we finagled it that he drove out to Utah with us and then he flew home to his grinding schedule. KUDOS to him! He really is the hero of this story. Poor guy has to drive across the country with us 28 hours; spend only a few days in Utah seeing everything and everyone and then getting back to his work, school, homework, (repeat, until exhausted) while trying to do his laundry, cooking, and taking care of the dog, cat, fish and hamster. Can one man really do that? (well, one woman can, but a man?!) Well he did. The best part was that he missed us like crazy -- and we missed him too; while we were swimming at the pool, boating at the lake, visiting Heritage Park, Liberty Park and Wheeler Farm, hanging out with family and friends and eating at Cafe Rio.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Big points to Steve for going to school at night. I know that that is a lot of work for him and a sacrifice for you and the family that will pay of fin the end!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I found your blog! Looks like you had such a great time in UT!

Kyle and Kamany said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Utah. I'm excited because in two weeks I will be there eating my Cafe Rio!!!

Robyn said...

RACH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to have time (at 11:29pm) while finally updating my blog, to read YOUR blog! I love your UT trip and 1st day of school, etc. I love you! and your family! FYI, did you know that Ted's Dad is Wheeler Farms' farmer?? oh yea, and he is their SANTA every December. Grows out his beard, happily, and already has thick white hair. No fake beard or moustache with Pa Buck. We need to hang out! where? when?! in 10 years?! maybe? let's TAWK soon. I have zero kids home, but i'm subbing in all grades 2-4 days per week. hoarse: yep. tired: yep. hassled by middle-schoolers: somewhat. Luckily at Maddie's school, they love her and so they treat me quite well :) xoxo Rob