Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Welcome Child # 6!











SURPRISE! We have adopted a 2 year old boy named Charlie. He is a good boy and the other kids just LOVE him. He has grey-ish, brown-ish, black-ish hair and one brown eye and one blue. He is about 18 inches tall, about 45 inches long and weighs about 40 lbs. Okay...he's a beagle but that doesn't make him any less of a boy and any less a member of our family. I'm not quite sure why Steve thought I wanted a dog for Valentines day but that is what I got -- well, thats what the whole family got and I think everyone would agree it was a good decision. If you know us well you know that we have been through our share of dogs since Sophie (our beloved Schipperke) but Charlie just fits. He is SO wonderful with the kids. Tyler (as evidenced by the pictures) can't get enough of him. He could hug and pet him all day. Aubrey and Alex are in HEAVEN. They are both such dog people. Hayden and Jake are a bit more reserved about the dog. I think Hayden isn't sure about the added responsibility but I actually think that he needs the chance to be more nuturing and responsible -- he needs the confidence. Steve is in heaven too. Charlie is really the perfect dog for Steve - he just loves to sit next to you on the couch. (He just loves to be on the couch!) And as for me I have a walking partner, so its all good. We really are lucky, he is a GREAT addition to our family! WELCOME CHARLIE!!




5 comments:

Melissa Stubbs said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Jake is already 15 months old??? You know we have lived here in Vermont for 1 year now!!! Your dog is cute. I love the different colored eyes! So interesting! I'm glad that Pedro finally has a replacement!! :)

David said...

Cute dog. I am surprised that you have been dog free for this long.

Becky said...

Hey Rach and Family!!! Love the dog !! his is sooo cute!!! A family like yours needs a dog...We have three now... Keep posting new stuff i love to check in and see whats going on! Love you guys..Becky (your long lost frozen soon to be married on March 6th sister in Ohio)

jenjamin said...

Hi Rachel

I replied to your email but I am not always sure it gets to the sender so I will leave a message here.

I use a sharp serrated knife for slicing but wait until it has cooled and you should get perfect slices.

As for printing the recipes. I JUST BOLD WHAT I want to print and then ask it to print selection only when printing. That works for me.

Cute family!

Do you by chance know Jen Tasker or the Josie Five (a blogging buddie) in Georgia?

becca said...

What a cute dog! My grandparents had one once with the one blue eye and the one brown eye! :) My kids are dying to get a dog but we keep holding them at bay! Aren't we mean parents?