This is what the Marshall Family did in October. They are in no particular order, although I did try but couldn't get the pictures to cooperate.

#1. Alex made a 'litter bug' for school. I thought it was cute.

#2. We celebrated our 13th anniversary. It was simple and lovely. We each got $10 to spend on each other which turned out really fun, and there were no expectations and they were just goofy gifts. I realized sometimes after running around all day trying to get a nice dinner together and finding a present, you just look bad in a picture! Needless-to-say after I saw this picture the diet has started....again!

#3. We went Trick-or-Treating. It turned out great! We went down 1 street and the kids were satisfied and getting thirsty so we went home with not too much candy, but they still had fun.

#4. Tyler got caught playing with Barbies. Actually he was playing with Aubrey who is not shown in this picture, but this picture shows Tylers exuberance for everything he does.

#5. We decorated the house. Okay, I don't think you can really see our decorations very well but we really had fun with the webs this year...at least I did.

#6. We fed the missionaries. We have been having them over every Saturday for "brunch", and then Steve has his correlation meeting with them. It has been fun to think of fun new breakfast things to feed them. They are very grateful and will eat ANYTHING I cook. Could you ask for a better audience?!

#7. We carved our pumpkin. This is a annual tradition at our house. Steve always carves a groovy pumpkin. This year he tried to involve the kids, but eventually they had to get to bed and he had to finish up on his own.

#8 We went to our ward Trunk-or-Treat. Our ward usually has it at a farm of some members in the area, but it was raining that day so we did it inside. I won first place in the chili competition! (It was judged by the missionaries, who we spend a lot of time with, so I don't know if they were completely unbiased) Notice that everyone's costumes are different than they were on Halloween. I didn't really have my act together so we scrounged some things up (the Egyptian look is courtesy of Steve's boss) Anyway, at least we got there, which as I recall wasn't easy.
I'll try to be a better blogger in November. Steve, Tyler and Jake have had a long-lingering cold since the trunk-or-treat and we just found out that Steve has pneumonia. Now I have the sniffles. What is up with that?! Maybe I can just lay in bed and blog....NOT!
4 comments:
Sounds like y'all have had fun this past month. I can't believe that our last Halloween was spent with y'all in Georgia. Seeing those pics of the kids and your neighborhood makes me a little sad! My how the time flies! We sure miss y'all and hope y'all are well. Happy Thanksgiving!
And I remember when you got married! I was just a little boy but I do remember!
You and Steve are looking exotically fabulous! Nice hair! The huge tree in your front yard is causing me some envy (we are in a new neighborhood w/ new tiny trees). Loving you blog and your usual wit!!
I am glad to see you made it through Halloween, you've not updated your blog for so long I thought the gobblins carried you off. Steve used the same pumpkin carving template as I did. I thought you stole one of our pictures of our pumpkins. Pretty funny. I have always thought Steve had good tastes in pumpkins. I miss having the missionaries over. That is one downside to living in Utah.
Post a Comment