Monday, October 6, 2008
Girls -- ARGH!
Aubrey told me this morning that I couldn't lay on her bed because I would make it stinky. And she was completely serious. (My question: Do I really stink so bad? Sure, I haven't taken a shower today but I haven't been living on a desert island for a month without soap) And then she proceeded to cry and throw a fit because I wouldn't get off her bed. I almost couldn't believe she was serious. I finally just left the room to let her cry about it. So why did this steam me so terribly? and where did she learn this ability to jab a hot poker into someones feelings? What I didn't mention is last week she couldn't stop saying rude things about my hair when I got it cut. I think she even said, "Dads not gonna like it". I can tell it's not just about being honest either. Some of the things she has said are intentionally meant to hurt. What is up with that? Where do they learn that?! It's not like I run around lobbing insults at people. In fact, I could say I think it is rather unlike me. So is it just written on her DNA or what? The only thing I can figure is that it is the "natural" girl in her. (see scripture of the day) And I guess I have to teach her correctly how to deal with her emotions -- now I just have to deal with mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kids are so much fun! And your hair looks great! Coming to texas?
At least we only have one, right? That way we have someone to take care of us when we're old and decrepid, and only one to make us feel horrible in the present. I need a closer up picture of your new do! Congratulations! Isn't it fun?
Loved talking with you today! I'm glad things are going good. We have to do that more often!!!
Post a Comment