Thursday, July 17, 2008

Superhero Revealed

It is about this time of year that my mild-mannered self evolves into a brutal evil-fighter. I transform into "Raid Girl". Armed with bug spray, silicone caulk and a fly-swatter I attempt to wage war against Georgia's most sinister crew -- the ant. I can hardly put a complete thought together without thinking "Where are they now?" "What is their next move?" I hunt them, pursue them, destroy them. I wish I could say I was completely victorious but given the fact that I have 5 very talented crumb-spreaders at my house (no, make that 7) and given the sneakiness that embodies the evil enemy I am left to daily wage this war. So if you are black, 6-legged and have a thorax -- BE AFRAID! BE VERY, VERY AFRAID.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Did I ever tell you about the (3rd) Sinatra song that Ted re-wrote after a few months here, "Spiders In the Night" after seeing/killing at least 3 or 4 every day! Rach, I love your writing style, which is exactly like your speaking style. I can just hear you when I read this! :)