Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to School




It's that time of year again -- BACK TO SCHOOL. (Though I could swear that August was still summer when I was growing up.) I'm realizing it's a whole new schedule now for all of us. So time to restructure our lives yet again. Alex is in 3rd grade this year and Hayden in 2nd. Aubrey misses the Kindergarten cut-off by 2 days!! I have her signed up for a Preschool at a local church. She'll be excited to have a place to go just like the boys. She is SO ready for something. She told me the other day "Mom, I know you will be angry at this, but I just have to say I am a fan of Hannah Montana." Okay, we've never even SEEN the show. What is it about girls needing to be older than they are and guys never really growing up?! She is 4 going on 16. YIKES. Am I glad that I have 4 boys? YES, one girl is going to kill me!!!

2 comments:

David said...

I am sorry Aubrey is not going to Kindergarten. I might try to persuade the school to take her. I know if Lauren had to spend another year at home we would go crazy. She needs to talk someone else's ear off for a change. And she is soooo ready now I think she would be crushed if she had to wait another year. Well have fun

Melissa Stubbs said...

YIKES!! School already! We still have a week and a half left. Though we did end on June 13th! Macy started last year there in GA on Aug. 13th. Poor thing was in 1st grade for 10 months!! I think she is getting excited for 2nd grade. Tate is starting preschool too. I'm so glad!! YIPEE!!