Thursday, May 15, 2008
Thursday Morning Blues
Wow, am I dragging today. It is 8:20am and if I drank coffee I would have downed a gallon already. The weather isn't helping either. Its gray and overcast and going to rain all day. It's the kind of day that when you drop your kids off in the carpool line and one of their teachers comes to the car to say 'good morning' to you, that after the embarrassment of them seeing all of the cracker crumbs, shoes, papers etc. in the plastered on the inside of your mini-van, you look up in the rear-view mirror to realize you still have a pillow crease in your face. At least I think its a pillow crease, maybe its a new permanent wrinkle. But those generally don't run vertically on your face. It's a good thing she wasn't on my side of the car I would have stunned her with my breath. It is the kind of morning where I could crawl back into bed and not care if anyone missed me. Heck, I probably wouldn't care if the house fell down around me. But instead I'm trying to balance a baby on my lap ( keep him from typing a blog of his own ) and try to successfully type with one hand. Instead I'll probably bundle everyone up, pray it doesn't rain on us and take a walk. A miles worth of fresh air is worth a gallon of coffee anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm getting pretty good at typing with one hand. I'm so glad there's a bus to pick up Logan . . . I don't think I'd ever make it to drop him off, and I'm sure I'd still be in my pajamas if I did!
Rachel,
This is Gordon, from Huntington Beach 8th Ward, Marty linked me to your blog, I thought I'd say hi to both ya'll. I hope all is well, it's great to see you two together, smiling, in the craze of children. I have been married in Provo for 12 years now, I have 2 girls, and a boy, my oldest will be baptized in July.
Hey Gordon, (if you ever come back.) SOO good to hear from you! I just don't know how to get in touch with you. you probably never knew that you made an impact on Steve when you guys went teaching together in HB 8th days. Keep in touch, will ya?
Post a Comment