Yes, I understand that it is May now...almost June. I just have one question..."where'd my life go?" Holy Moly! I'm sorry all, I am extremely behind. So I will try to be brief...one of my greater struggles, just ask Steve. Anywho...April brought spring showers, I refer to my previous post about showers. We have finally received some water here in Georgia. We've been in a 'drought' since we've been here but I think thats about over with the amount of water we have gotten this year. Anyway, it makes us happy that we put that cement slab under our deck. It has at least pushed the mosquitos back from our back door a few feet. I fear they will find us anyway.
April also brings us Tyler's birthday, which if you can believe it was his 3rd. I remember it being a wonderful day. The weather was getting warm, Steve took the day off, we went to lunch together with the little ones and then we had planned to take them all to Chuck E. Cheese but the weather was so nice we went to the park and flew kites instead. Talk about reliving your childhood. That was fun!!
One of my favorite rememberances of Tyler's birthday, besides it just being one of those perfect days, is that when we sang 'Happy Birthday' to him he was so thrilled with joy that he started waving his arms conducting our singing. It was so cute. He is truly a boy full of joy and quite a blessing.
We also enjoyed a lovely Easter. Steve and I have been trying over the years to separate "bunny Easter" from Easter Sunday. Saturday we usually dye eggs, (Grandma Alice's tradition that we are keeping!) have an Easter egg hunt, and search for baskets. Then that leaves us Sunday to really focus on the importance of the resurrection.
As we left church on Sunday I asked the kids what they learned in their classes and Tyler said they talked about Jesus and 'rolling the stone away'. Wow, it really floored me how early they can learn. It was a good moment for me to realize I have to teach eventhough I think they aren't listening. I'm pretty sure Tyler's teacher didn't think he was listening. I'm really grateful for wonderful dedicated teachers. I can't do it all but there will be others there to help teach. Lovely, blessed Easter!



1 comment:
I can't believe that Ty Ty is 3! It makes sense though, considering Norah is 3 too! What happened to our babies? They grew up and we got more! Though I'm glad to say we are all done with that!!! I'm glad things are going good for y'all! We miss y'all terribly! When are you coming for a visit??
Post a Comment